While Durte Musik Prahduckshun‘s last feature found them grappling with the squawks and pecks of Angry Birds, the proverbial fury of women scorned isn’t enough to keep the crew from seeking out their company (and, occasionally, scorning them). DMP’s latest single, making its world premiere as entry #13 in DJBooth and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music Series, finds the Nottz-fronted ensemble detailing what fellas will go through To Be Loved. Over the heavyweight producer’s eccentrically catchy beat, sampled from an unknown rendition of Jackie Wilson’s classic song of the same title, emcees Bigshot Manceeni, Cutlass Reid, Khizman, Starboy, Ivory Keyes and Boogie deliver a series of colorful vignettes involving two-timing men, two-timing women, devious foreign exchange students, massive cucumbers and everything in between. While this joint isn’t attached to any larger release, those digging it should stay tuned for further news and tunes from DMP Fans can look forward to further entries in the Event 20/20 Music Series over the course of November, as well as clicking here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.