From Judas to Brutus, many of history’s most famous turncoats have come from the inner circles of those they ultimately betrayed. (Their names also rhymed, but I’m pretty sure that’s a coincidence.) That’s why, when it comes to his hustle, DK places his trust in one person, and one person only: himself. On this newly-released promotional single, the Chi-town resident’s first feature since April loosie No Holes in My Soul, Anno Domini‘s driving sample work backs rapid-fire verses touting the virtues of independence and self-sufficiency. Mulling over the possibility of going major, he spits, “If everyone’s so real, then what’s the appeal / of a kid like me signing a record deal? / I’ll pass…” Which One is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on DK’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Somebody" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.