From Judas to Brutus, many of history’s most famous turncoats have come from the inner circles of those they ultimately betrayed. (Their names also rhymed, but I’m pretty sure that’s a coincidence.) That’s why, when it comes to his hustle, DK places his trust in one person, and one person only: himself. On this newly-released promotional single, the Chi-town resident’s first feature since April loosie No Holes in My Soul, Anno Domini‘s driving sample work backs rapid-fire verses touting the virtues of independence and self-sufficiency. Mulling over the possibility of going major, he spits, “If everyone’s so real, then what’s the appeal / of a kid like me signing a record deal? / I’ll pass…” Which One is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on DK’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Somebody" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.