From Judas to Brutus, many of history’s most famous turncoats have come from the inner circles of those they ultimately betrayed. (Their names also rhymed, but I’m pretty sure that’s a coincidence.) That’s why, when it comes to his hustle, DK places his trust in one person, and one person only: himself. On this newly-released promotional single, the Chi-town resident’s first feature since April loosie No Holes in My Soul, Anno Domini‘s driving sample work backs rapid-fire verses touting the virtues of independence and self-sufficiency. Mulling over the possibility of going major, he spits, “If everyone’s so real, then what’s the appeal / of a kid like me signing a record deal? / I’ll pass…” Which One is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on DK’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.