From Judas to Brutus, many of history’s most famous turncoats have come from the inner circles of those they ultimately betrayed. (Their names also rhymed, but I’m pretty sure that’s a coincidence.) That’s why, when it comes to his hustle, DK places his trust in one person, and one person only: himself. On this newly-released promotional single, the Chi-town resident’s first feature since April loosie No Holes in My Soul, Anno Domini‘s driving sample work backs rapid-fire verses touting the virtues of independence and self-sufficiency. Mulling over the possibility of going major, he spits, “If everyone’s so real, then what’s the appeal / of a kid like me signing a record deal? / I’ll pass…” Which One is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on DK’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.