From Judas to Brutus, many of history’s most famous turncoats have come from the inner circles of those they ultimately betrayed. (Their names also rhymed, but I’m pretty sure that’s a coincidence.) That’s why, when it comes to his hustle, DK places his trust in one person, and one person only: himself. On this newly-released promotional single, the Chi-town resident’s first feature since April loosie No Holes in My Soul, Anno Domini‘s driving sample work backs rapid-fire verses touting the virtues of independence and self-sufficiency. Mulling over the possibility of going major, he spits, “If everyone’s so real, then what’s the appeal / of a kid like me signing a record deal? / I’ll pass…” Which One is unattached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on DK’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.