Writing about new music on the daily may be, like, the coolest job ever, but I’m not gonna lie: it’s always a relief when I can spend half a paragraph simply listing off all the artists and producers involved in a single track. Such is the case with Yodah and Tommy Lee‘s new Geffen Records promo single, Loser, which finds the UK DJ and Mötley Crüe drummer pooling their Rolodexes to assemble a line-up that, though just a tad arbitrary-seeming, packs all the star power listeners could ask for—in addition to the lyrical stylings of Colorful Clothes holdover Weezy F., this cut features verses by Scarface protégé Spark Dawg, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz and a sweeping hook by Swedish up-and-comer J-Son. That’s not all; Hustle Heart & KDE‘s bombastic, arena-rock instrumental receives an extra edge courtesy of pop-punk group Sum 41. Does it hold together? Actually, yeah—though Wayne’s ‘testification/precipitation’ rhyme alone would be well worth the price of admission, star performances by all involved add up to a cut sure to please fans of rock-infused hip-hop.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colorful Clothes ft. Lil Wayne, Maino, Lupe Fiasco & More..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.