Writing about new music on the daily may be, like, the coolest job ever, but I’m not gonna lie: it’s always a relief when I can spend half a paragraph simply listing off all the artists and producers involved in a single track. Such is the case with Yodah and Tommy Lee‘s new Geffen Records promo single, Loser, which finds the UK DJ and Mötley Crüe drummer pooling their Rolodexes to assemble a line-up that, though just a tad arbitrary-seeming, packs all the star power listeners could ask for—in addition to the lyrical stylings of Colorful Clothes holdover Weezy F., this cut features verses by Scarface protégé Spark Dawg, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz and a sweeping hook by Swedish up-and-comer J-Son. That’s not all; Hustle Heart & KDE‘s bombastic, arena-rock instrumental receives an extra edge courtesy of pop-punk group Sum 41. Does it hold together? Actually, yeah—though Wayne’s ‘testification/precipitation’ rhyme alone would be well worth the price of admission, star performances by all involved add up to a cut sure to please fans of rock-infused hip-hop.
Written by richard on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colorful Clothes ft. Lil Wayne, Maino, Lupe Fiasco & More..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.