Writing about new music on the daily may be, like, the coolest job ever, but I’m not gonna lie: it’s always a relief when I can spend half a paragraph simply listing off all the artists and producers involved in a single track. Such is the case with Yodah and Tommy Lee‘s new Geffen Records promo single, Loser, which finds the UK DJ and Mötley Crüe drummer pooling their Rolodexes to assemble a line-up that, though just a tad arbitrary-seeming, packs all the star power listeners could ask for—in addition to the lyrical stylings of Colorful Clothes holdover Weezy F., this cut features verses by Scarface protégé Spark Dawg, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz and a sweeping hook by Swedish up-and-comer J-Son. That’s not all; Hustle Heart & KDE‘s bombastic, arena-rock instrumental receives an extra edge courtesy of pop-punk group Sum 41. Does it hold together? Actually, yeah—though Wayne’s ‘testification/precipitation’ rhyme alone would be well worth the price of admission, star performances by all involved add up to a cut sure to please fans of rock-infused hip-hop.
Written by richard on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colorful Clothes ft. Lil Wayne, Maino, Lupe Fiasco & More..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.