Often described as “DJ Shadow with a sense of humor,” DJ Yoda‘s is well known for his cartoonish use of samples. For his newest project, however, longtime fans must forget everything they know about the London native – here, he’s adopted the “American DJ” compilation strategy of cramming as many big names as possible into one record. Though various versions of this record have surfaced online, the Booth proudly presents the final, official version of Colorful Clothes. Over a 9-minute beat by Hustle Heart Productions, Hunt, Nu Jerzey Devil, Maino, Lupe Fiasco, Joe Young, Birdman, Wes Fif, Trae and Lil Wayne each rhyme about their amazing technicolor (or black and white) apparel. A trunk banger it already is, but only time will tell if Colorful Clothes can reach the top of the charts like numerous other DJ comp singles.
Written by Burmy on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loser ft. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz, Spark Dawg..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.