Often described as “DJ Shadow with a sense of humor,” DJ Yoda‘s is well known for his cartoonish use of samples. For his newest project, however, longtime fans must forget everything they know about the London native – here, he’s adopted the “American DJ” compilation strategy of cramming as many big names as possible into one record. Though various versions of this record have surfaced online, the Booth proudly presents the final, official version of Colorful Clothes. Over a 9-minute beat by Hustle Heart Productions, Hunt, Nu Jerzey Devil, Maino, Lupe Fiasco, Joe Young, Birdman, Wes Fif, Trae and Lil Wayne each rhyme about their amazing technicolor (or black and white) apparel. A trunk banger it already is, but only time will tell if Colorful Clothes can reach the top of the charts like numerous other DJ comp singles.
Written by Burmy on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loser ft. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz, Spark Dawg..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.