Often described as “DJ Shadow with a sense of humor,” DJ Yoda‘s is well known for his cartoonish use of samples. For his newest project, however, longtime fans must forget everything they know about the London native – here, he’s adopted the “American DJ” compilation strategy of cramming as many big names as possible into one record. Though various versions of this record have surfaced online, the Booth proudly presents the final, official version of Colorful Clothes. Over a 9-minute beat by Hustle Heart Productions, Hunt, Nu Jerzey Devil, Maino, Lupe Fiasco, Joe Young, Birdman, Wes Fif, Trae and Lil Wayne each rhyme about their amazing technicolor (or black and white) apparel. A trunk banger it already is, but only time will tell if Colorful Clothes can reach the top of the charts like numerous other DJ comp singles.
Written by Burmy on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loser ft. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz, Spark Dawg..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)