Often described as “DJ Shadow with a sense of humor,” DJ Yoda‘s is well known for his cartoonish use of samples. For his newest project, however, longtime fans must forget everything they know about the London native – here, he’s adopted the “American DJ” compilation strategy of cramming as many big names as possible into one record. Though various versions of this record have surfaced online, the Booth proudly presents the final, official version of Colorful Clothes. Over a 9-minute beat by Hustle Heart Productions, Hunt, Nu Jerzey Devil, Maino, Lupe Fiasco, Joe Young, Birdman, Wes Fif, Trae and Lil Wayne each rhyme about their amazing technicolor (or black and white) apparel. A trunk banger it already is, but only time will tell if Colorful Clothes can reach the top of the charts like numerous other DJ comp singles.
Written by Burmy on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Loser ft. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Joell Ortiz, Spark Dawg..." (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.