DJ Wristpect may be a new face in the Booth but he’s already built considerable buzz north of the border, even being honored as Canadian Club DJ of the Year at ‘09’s Stylus Awards. Though Virginia’s Clipse take top billing on the T-dot heavyweight’s latest street album, Wrispect hasn’t neglected to showcase some of Ontario’s own – on So Much More, he brings three local talents along for the ride, packing quite a bit of dopeness into the record’s brisk, 2:30-and-change running time. Rich Kidd heads off the pack, handling the opening verse as well as teaming up with Northern Profit to cook up a spacey, bass-booming instrumental. The chorus comes courtesy of reader favorite Colin Munroe, and Hot Like Summer emcee Saukrates (also heard on Meth & Red‘s A Yo!) takes over on the back end, name-dropping Neo and Johnny Depp in the course of his allusive closing verse. Fans can find more hot beats and rhymes from both sides of the border on Bridging The Gap Vol. 4: V.A. to T.O., released on New Year’s Day and out now online.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.