DJ Wristpect may be a new face in the Booth but he’s already built considerable buzz north of the border, even being honored as Canadian Club DJ of the Year at ‘09’s Stylus Awards. Though Virginia’s Clipse take top billing on the T-dot heavyweight’s latest street album, Wrispect hasn’t neglected to showcase some of Ontario’s own – on So Much More, he brings three local talents along for the ride, packing quite a bit of dopeness into the record’s brisk, 2:30-and-change running time. Rich Kidd heads off the pack, handling the opening verse as well as teaming up with Northern Profit to cook up a spacey, bass-booming instrumental. The chorus comes courtesy of reader favorite Colin Munroe, and Hot Like Summer emcee Saukrates (also heard on Meth & Red‘s A Yo!) takes over on the back end, name-dropping Neo and Johnny Depp in the course of his allusive closing verse. Fans can find more hot beats and rhymes from both sides of the border on Bridging The Gap Vol. 4: V.A. to T.O., released on New Year’s Day and out now online.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.