If you know your Greek mythology, you’ll probably remember the story of King Midas, who, when offered a reward of his choosing by Dionysus, asked for the power to turn everything he touched into gold. By the time his food, dog, and daughter had all been inadvertently transformed into golden statues, Midas realized he had made a mistake; nonetheless, Prague’s DJ Wich has brought back The Golden Touch in album form. On standout track What We Need, two of Cash Money Records’ biggest artists rhyme with a laid-back flow over Wich’s out-of-this-world beat (sampling Imogen Heap’s Hide n Seek). After Glasses Malone sheds some light on the West Coast lifestyle, the one and only Weezy F. Baby spits one of his most focused verses in recent memory. If the rest of the recently-released Golden Touch is this good, Wich might have platinum in his future.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.