If you know your Greek mythology, you’ll probably remember the story of King Midas, who, when offered a reward of his choosing by Dionysus, asked for the power to turn everything he touched into gold. By the time his food, dog, and daughter had all been inadvertently transformed into golden statues, Midas realized he had made a mistake; nonetheless, Prague’s DJ Wich has brought back The Golden Touch in album form. On standout track What We Need, two of Cash Money Records’ biggest artists rhyme with a laid-back flow over Wich’s out-of-this-world beat (sampling Imogen Heap’s Hide n Seek). After Glasses Malone sheds some light on the West Coast lifestyle, the one and only Weezy F. Baby spits one of his most focused verses in recent memory. If the rest of the recently-released Golden Touch is this good, Wich might have platinum in his future.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.