In order to create some buzz for his forthcoming project, The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 MCs, veteran DJ Tony Touch has taken an Unorthodox approach, recruiting some of the most hardened hip-hop vets to take part in his first single. Okay, I lied, the tactic isn’t all that far outside the box, but considering Raekwon, JD Era and RZA are the record’s guests, I don’t think anyone has the right to complain. As if there weren’t enough that three original Wu Tang Clan members have reunited on wax, Touch teams up with Psycho Les of The Beatnuts to create a subdued, snaring beat perfect for each emcees distinct, yet similarly grimy flows. For more authentic cuts, be sure to scoop up The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 MCs upon its July release.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
Red River\Sony Red
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's a Queens Thing" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.