In order to create some buzz for his forthcoming project, The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 MCs, veteran DJ Tony Touch has taken an Unorthodox approach, recruiting some of the most hardened hip-hop vets to take part in his first single. Okay, I lied, the tactic isn’t all that far outside the box, but considering Raekwon, JD Era and RZA are the record’s guests, I don’t think anyone has the right to complain. As if there weren’t enough that three original Wu Tang Clan members have reunited on wax, Touch teams up with Psycho Les of The Beatnuts to create a subdued, snaring beat perfect for each emcees distinct, yet similarly grimy flows. For more authentic cuts, be sure to scoop up The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 MCs upon its July release.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
Red River\Sony Red
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's a Queens Thing" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.