In order to create some buzz for his forthcoming project, The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 MCs, veteran DJ Tony Touch has taken an Unorthodox approach, recruiting some of the most hardened hip-hop vets to take part in his first single. Okay, I lied, the tactic isn’t all that far outside the box, but considering Raekwon, JD Era and RZA are the record’s guests, I don’t think anyone has the right to complain. As if there weren’t enough that three original Wu Tang Clan members have reunited on wax, Touch teams up with Psycho Les of The Beatnuts to create a subdued, snaring beat perfect for each emcees distinct, yet similarly grimy flows. For more authentic cuts, be sure to scoop up The Piece Maker 3… Return of the 50 MCs upon its July release.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
Red River\Sony Red
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's a Queens Thing" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.