Did First Impressions, the inaugural Booth feature from DJ Swerve, leave you, well, impressed? Then prepare to be swept Off Your Feet by the final song release off the project—which just so happens to be a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Here, producer Phenom adds a little punch to the smooth, dreamy sound established on the aforementioned cut, layering ethereal synths and fingerpicked guitar arpeggios over a thumping, stop-start beat. Fellow Forest City native Archie Green chronicles his romance with an alluring local following the move to his current place of residence, Brooklyn, N.Y. Complete with the silken hook vocals of Cleveland’s own Danny London, this breezy jam is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Swerve’s First Impressions LP, scheduled for digital release November 20.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"First Impressions" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.