Did First Impressions, the inaugural Booth feature from DJ Swerve, leave you, well, impressed? Then prepare to be swept Off Your Feet by the final song release off the project—which just so happens to be a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Here, producer Phenom adds a little punch to the smooth, dreamy sound established on the aforementioned cut, layering ethereal synths and fingerpicked guitar arpeggios over a thumping, stop-start beat. Fellow Forest City native Archie Green chronicles his romance with an alluring local following the move to his current place of residence, Brooklyn, N.Y. Complete with the silken hook vocals of Cleveland’s own Danny London, this breezy jam is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Swerve’s First Impressions LP, scheduled for digital release November 20.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"First Impressions" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.