When at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Despite scoring a lukewarm 2.5-star average rating for his last feature, Maino-assisted album leak Let ‘Em Lay, DJ Suss.One sounds as determined as ever on new street single That Work. The N.Y.C. native kicks his latest banger off by emphasizing just how serious he is about his music, and what follows certainly doesn’t lack intensity. Producer Reefa rises to the occasion with a bass-booming blend of synths and overdriven guitar, setting the stage for the hard-hitting rhymes of not one but five street mainstays: with Uncle Murda, Cassidy, Joell Ortiz, French Montana and Vado each firing off their most aggressive lyrical ammunition, That Work should spark some lively debate regarding who came out on top. If this attention-grabbing jam has succeeded in winning you over (or if you’ve been on board from the get-go), keep it locked for the latest on DJ Suss.One’s The Feature Presentation mixtape, which has yet to receive a release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 05/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Shot Ya 2K ft. Red Cafe, Uncle Murda & Maino" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.