Though Biggie biopic Notorious is reaching the end of its run at many theaters, the homages and tributes to the fallen legend don’t look like they’re going to stop any time soon. One of Biggie’s most famous tracks was Who Shot Ya, the record that inadvertently stirred up the infamous East Coast-West Coast rap war (due to 2Pac‘s misinterpretation of the lyrics). DJ Suss.One uses its Nashiem Myrick-produced instrumental to bring together three of Brooklyn’s best-known underground artists. Though Red Cafe, Uncle M (formerly Uncle Murda), and Maino all take it to another level, none of the three can hold a candle to the Notorious B.I.G.‘s original style. DJ Suss.One’s debut album, The Feature Presentation, currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.