Though Biggie biopic Notorious is reaching the end of its run at many theaters, the homages and tributes to the fallen legend don’t look like they’re going to stop any time soon. One of Biggie’s most famous tracks was Who Shot Ya, the record that inadvertently stirred up the infamous East Coast-West Coast rap war (due to 2Pac‘s misinterpretation of the lyrics). DJ Suss.One uses its Nashiem Myrick-produced instrumental to bring together three of Brooklyn’s best-known underground artists. Though Red Cafe, Uncle M (formerly Uncle Murda), and Maino all take it to another level, none of the three can hold a candle to the Notorious B.I.G.‘s original style. DJ Suss.One’s debut album, The Feature Presentation, currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/1/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.