Not seen in the Booth since he remade Biggie‘s notorious Who Shot Ya back in February 2009, DJ Suss.One has rejoined forces with fellow Northeasterner Maino to bring fans a preview of his forthcoming, cinema-themed full-length. Centered around a vocal sample from Weezy and Birdman‘s Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, inaugural leak Let ‘Em Lay is a street-ready exercise in pure, hard-nosed trash-talk. Over JButtah‘s slow-rolling, synth-drenched instrumental, Suss and his collaborator fire off their most aggressive lyrical ammunition as they threaten to fill their enemies with literal ammunition. It may not be the hip-hop equivalent of Citizen Kane, but those looking for an action-packed good time could hardly do better. If this (figurative) trailer leaves you on the edge of your seat, keep it locked for further details on The Feature Album, set to hit theaters (that is to say, record stores) across the nation sometime in the near future.
Written by richard on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Shot Ya 2K ft. Red Cafe, Uncle Murda & Maino" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.