Not seen in the Booth since he remade Biggie‘s notorious Who Shot Ya back in February 2009, DJ Suss.One has rejoined forces with fellow Northeasterner Maino to bring fans a preview of his forthcoming, cinema-themed full-length. Centered around a vocal sample from Weezy and Birdman‘s Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, inaugural leak Let ‘Em Lay is a street-ready exercise in pure, hard-nosed trash-talk. Over JButtah‘s slow-rolling, synth-drenched instrumental, Suss and his collaborator fire off their most aggressive lyrical ammunition as they threaten to fill their enemies with literal ammunition. It may not be the hip-hop equivalent of Citizen Kane, but those looking for an action-packed good time could hardly do better. If this (figurative) trailer leaves you on the edge of your seat, keep it locked for further details on The Feature Album, set to hit theaters (that is to say, record stores) across the nation sometime in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Shot Ya 2K ft. Red Cafe, Uncle Murda & Maino" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.