When you have a song called Champion you can expect a dramatic hook, some heavy horns and a lot of boasting… and with DJ Suss.One that’s exactly what you get. His new single opens with an orchestral sound courtesy of producer Reefa, while hook singer Junior Reid‘s vocals echo the song’s title. The first emcee to throw in a 16 is fellow New York native Jadakiss, who always sounds good over dramatic instrumentals and has no problem coming up with one-liners to reference his championship ways. Kiss is followed by Llyod Banks, who follows the same formula with a 16 that if nothing else keeps the song’s theme moving - though, I can’t say the exact same thing for French Montana. And just for good measure, Suss.One gives listeners a swaggering monologue from boxing champ Floyd Mayweather. Even with all that, while I believe the production and the hook is perfect for a future NBA playoff commercial (if the lockout ever ends), Suss will have to supply us a touch more heat before I can truly crown him a champion. For all we know, though, he’s already got that heat lined-up on his currently unscheduled new album, The Feature Presentation.
Written by JRTheWriter on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Shot Ya 2K ft. Red Cafe, Uncle Murda & Maino" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.