DJ Spinatik and his clique Came From Nothin. Now that they’re moving up in the world, how could they not flex? The question’s entirely rhetorical, because flexing is exactly what they do on the Florida native’s first DJBooth feature, the title track and latest single off his next EP. KE On The Track crafts a beat befitting a triumphant street banger, layering strings and theremin-esque synths over a trap rhythm section. Over his whip-ready beat, MMG signee Gunplay (recently featured with Kush) and Baton Rouge buzzmaker Kevin Gates rhyme about their respective climbs from rags to riches. Booth regular Verse Simmonds provides an exultant, sung hook and bridge. For this Horatio Alger anthem and much more, cop Spinatik’s Came From Nothin EP when it hits record stores and online retailers in early 2014.
Written by richard on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.