DJ Spinatik and his clique Came From Nothin. Now that they’re moving up in the world, how could they not flex? The question’s entirely rhetorical, because flexing is exactly what they do on the Florida native’s first DJBooth feature, the title track and latest single off his next EP. KE On The Track crafts a beat befitting a triumphant street banger, layering strings and theremin-esque synths over a trap rhythm section. Over his whip-ready beat, MMG signee Gunplay (recently featured with Kush) and Baton Rouge buzzmaker Kevin Gates rhyme about their respective climbs from rags to riches. Booth regular Verse Simmonds provides an exultant, sung hook and bridge. For this Horatio Alger anthem and much more, cop Spinatik’s Came From Nothin EP when it hits record stores and online retailers in early 2014.
Written by richard on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.