DJ Spinatik and his clique Came From Nothin. Now that they’re moving up in the world, how could they not flex? The question’s entirely rhetorical, because flexing is exactly what they do on the Florida native’s first DJBooth feature, the title track and latest single off his next EP. KE On The Track crafts a beat befitting a triumphant street banger, layering strings and theremin-esque synths over a trap rhythm section. Over his whip-ready beat, MMG signee Gunplay (recently featured with Kush) and Baton Rouge buzzmaker Kevin Gates rhyme about their respective climbs from rags to riches. Booth regular Verse Simmonds provides an exultant, sung hook and bridge. For this Horatio Alger anthem and much more, cop Spinatik’s Came From Nothin EP when it hits record stores and online retailers in early 2014.
Written by richard on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.