DJ Skizz, the East Coast DJ/producer (and WNYU radio personality) who teamed up with JS-1 to bring us The Official 2011 CMJ Mixtape, is getting ready to take his hustle to the next level with the release of his first solo studio album. With new single Vio-Lence, Skizz gives us an idea of what we can look forward to: namely, grimy production, guest bars from NYC’s premier street lyricists and the occasional unnecessary hyphen. Non Phixion alum Ill Bill and M.O.P. member Lil Fame handle mic duties this time around, lacing the headliner’s tense boom-bap boardwork with lurid descriptions of gunplay and its grisly aftermath. For this hard-nosed selection and many more quality cuts, pick up B.Q.E. when it hits record stores and online retailers this May via Soulspazm Records. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Skizz’ Aaron Vasquez and Pace Rivers-directed Vio-Lence visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.