DJ Skizz, the East Coast DJ/producer (and WNYU radio personality) who teamed up with JS-1 to bring us The Official 2011 CMJ Mixtape, is getting ready to take his hustle to the next level with the release of his first solo studio album. With new single Vio-Lence, Skizz gives us an idea of what we can look forward to: namely, grimy production, guest bars from NYC’s premier street lyricists and the occasional unnecessary hyphen. Non Phixion alum Ill Bill and M.O.P. member Lil Fame handle mic duties this time around, lacing the headliner’s tense boom-bap boardwork with lurid descriptions of gunplay and its grisly aftermath. For this hard-nosed selection and many more quality cuts, pick up B.Q.E. when it hits record stores and online retailers this May via Soulspazm Records. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest song releases.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Skizz’ Aaron Vasquez and Pace Rivers-directed Vio-Lence visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.