Imagine yourself on a tour of New York City. But it’s not the Big Apple you see in brochures, it’s the real culture of the city that never sleeps, a culture that always keeps things Triboro Thoro. Enter emcess Hannibal Stax, Big Noyd and Panchi, who respectively take you on a black and white visual tour of their neighborhoods, peppering a new collaborative single with hard rhymes and a piano-laced beat plays double time in the back. And true to his name DJ Skizz, the star of this show, not only provides production, but he scratches over the chorus and segues the listener between each neighborhood; just think of him as a hip-hop tour guide. Following previous feature Vio-lence, Triboro Thoro can be found on Skizz’s upcoming project, B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience), due out this summer via Soulspazm Records.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.