Imagine yourself on a tour of New York City. But it’s not the Big Apple you see in brochures, it’s the real culture of the city that never sleeps, a culture that always keeps things Triboro Thoro. Enter emcess Hannibal Stax, Big Noyd and Panchi, who respectively take you on a black and white visual tour of their neighborhoods, peppering a new collaborative single with hard rhymes and a piano-laced beat plays double time in the back. And true to his name DJ Skizz, the star of this show, not only provides production, but he scratches over the chorus and segues the listener between each neighborhood; just think of him as a hip-hop tour guide. Following previous feature Vio-lence, Triboro Thoro can be found on Skizz’s upcoming project, B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience), due out this summer via Soulspazm Records.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.