Typically, Revenge is a dish best served cold, but DJ Skizz‘s version of Revenge is hot as f**k! The beatsmith hammers out a gruesome, violin-driven beat that any rough-and-tumble emcee would be fighting to get on. Skizz deems emcees Ripshop and Jaysaun (of the Kreators) worthy, and they more than prove it. Rip’s sharp, brash flow and Jay’s gravelly approach are a great one-two punch, and their hostility is only matched by their aggressive, merciless wordplay. Giving it that extra layer of grime are DJ LayZBoy‘s and his axe-murderer like cuts. There is no news on whether Skizz has any larger projects in the works, but those craving more can check out September’s Day in the Life.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.