Typically, Revenge is a dish best served cold, but DJ Skizz‘s version of Revenge is hot as f**k! The beatsmith hammers out a gruesome, violin-driven beat that any rough-and-tumble emcee would be fighting to get on. Skizz deems emcees Ripshop and Jaysaun (of the Kreators) worthy, and they more than prove it. Rip’s sharp, brash flow and Jay’s gravelly approach are a great one-two punch, and their hostility is only matched by their aggressive, merciless wordplay. Giving it that extra layer of grime are DJ LayZBoy‘s and his axe-murderer like cuts. There is no news on whether Skizz has any larger projects in the works, but those craving more can check out September’s Day in the Life.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)