Creating beats for some of our favorite emcees is a whimsical fantasy; I know it is for me. For DJ Skizz, it is just another Day In The Life. In fact, you can tell that Skizz has plenty of these days because only an expert beatsmith could craft a boom-bap inspired production that is upbeat and vibrant, but still has enough moxie to fit the stylings of several unique guests. The three emcees that jump aboard on this day are REKS, Maffew Ragazino and Rasheed Chappell, who each take turns (in that order) blessing the beat with their fluid, commanding flows. Liza Colby’s stellar hookwork ties the effort together and gives it that lively, soulful vibe. Fans of Day In The Life are encouraged to cop Skizz’ newly-released album, B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience), available for digital purchase at iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.