Creating beats for some of our favorite emcees is a whimsical fantasy; I know it is for me. For DJ Skizz, it is just another Day In The Life. In fact, you can tell that Skizz has plenty of these days because only an expert beatsmith could craft a boom-bap inspired production that is upbeat and vibrant, but still has enough moxie to fit the stylings of several unique guests. The three emcees that jump aboard on this day are REKS, Maffew Ragazino and Rasheed Chappell, who each take turns (in that order) blessing the beat with their fluid, commanding flows. Liza Colby’s stellar hookwork ties the effort together and gives it that lively, soulful vibe. Fans of Day In The Life are encouraged to cop Skizz’ newly-released album, B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience), available for digital purchase at iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.