Creating beats for some of our favorite emcees is a whimsical fantasy; I know it is for me. For DJ Skizz, it is just another Day In The Life. In fact, you can tell that Skizz has plenty of these days because only an expert beatsmith could craft a boom-bap inspired production that is upbeat and vibrant, but still has enough moxie to fit the stylings of several unique guests. The three emcees that jump aboard on this day are REKS, Maffew Ragazino and Rasheed Chappell, who each take turns (in that order) blessing the beat with their fluid, commanding flows. Liza Colby’s stellar hookwork ties the effort together and gives it that lively, soulful vibe. Fans of Day In The Life are encouraged to cop Skizz’ newly-released album, B.Q.E. (Brooklyn-Queens Experience), available for digital purchase at iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Triboro Thoro" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)