DJ Sidereal, the Twin Cities-based beatsmith who brought us reader-acclaimed singles All I Need Is Sunshine and As We Proceed, is back to turn his winning streak into a hat trick with new promo cut Music in My Soul. Here, the headliner’s meditative bell loops and head-noddable percussion set the stage for a critical examination of the industry. In reflective verses, Minneapolis natives D. Glove and Finding Novyon lament the lack of artistry and heart in contemporary hip-hop. As the former puts it in his strongly-worded opening 16: “It’s time to stop the nonsense / Dudes makin’ music with investments of like non-cents / Into software and microphones, they don’t write no more / All it is is tough-talk and they don’t even fight no more.” Agree with their assessment of the game? Debate away—and keep it locked for more fresh cuts from Sidereal and his talented cast of connects.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Need Is Sunshine" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.