DJ Sidereal, the Twin Cities-based beatsmith who brought us reader-acclaimed singles All I Need Is Sunshine and As We Proceed, is back to turn his winning streak into a hat trick with new promo cut Music in My Soul. Here, the headliner’s meditative bell loops and head-noddable percussion set the stage for a critical examination of the industry. In reflective verses, Minneapolis natives D. Glove and Finding Novyon lament the lack of artistry and heart in contemporary hip-hop. As the former puts it in his strongly-worded opening 16: “It’s time to stop the nonsense / Dudes makin’ music with investments of like non-cents / Into software and microphones, they don’t write no more / All it is is tough-talk and they don’t even fight no more.” Agree with their assessment of the game? Debate away—and keep it locked for more fresh cuts from Sidereal and his talented cast of connects.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Need Is Sunshine" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.