For natives of Minnesota’s Twin Cities, this winter has been one of the most brutal in a hot minute—and believe me, that’s saying something. So it’s hard not to empathize with local beatsmith DJ Sidereal when he asks the powers that be for a little light and warmth on his latest feature, an official remix of Booth debut All I Need Is Sunshine. This rendition of the cut retains the breezy, sampled boardwork that made its prototype a hit with our readers, but trades original featurees Finding Novyon and D. Glove for a pair of new guests. This time around, mic duties fall to Minneapolis’s own Mod Sun and Los Angeles twosome The Gooneez. As always, I’ll let y’all decide whether this remix is an upgrade. Sidereal’s own S.I.D.E. project still awaits a drop date, but his and The Gooneez’ Bonez Brigade will be hitting the ‘net next Tuesday, March 4. Our readers will get an exclusive first look at the set on Monday, when it hits our front page as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Need Is Sunshine" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.