For natives of Minnesota’s Twin Cities, this winter has been one of the most brutal in a hot minute—and believe me, that’s saying something. So it’s hard not to empathize with local beatsmith DJ Sidereal when he asks the powers that be for a little light and warmth on his latest feature, an official remix of Booth debut All I Need Is Sunshine. This rendition of the cut retains the breezy, sampled boardwork that made its prototype a hit with our readers, but trades original featurees Finding Novyon and D. Glove for a pair of new guests. This time around, mic duties fall to Minneapolis’s own Mod Sun and Los Angeles twosome The Gooneez. As always, I’ll let y’all decide whether this remix is an upgrade. Sidereal’s own S.I.D.E. project still awaits a drop date, but his and The Gooneez’ Bonez Brigade will be hitting the ‘net next Tuesday, March 4. Our readers will get an exclusive first look at the set on Monday, when it hits our front page as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Need Is Sunshine" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.