As those who have already been traveling with us know, the road to our Event 20/20 album has been paved with dopeness from the likes of Phonte, Exile and Gold Chain Military. The next brick in that road is being paved today with the premiere of Live Ones, an appropriately live cut built on classic hip-hop foundations. Beat Junkies turntabilist and producer DJ Rhettmatic spearheads the effort, layering live scratches over a boom-bap based percussion line. The lyrical work comes courtesy of Detroit mic rocker Frank Nitt and Cali representer MED, who take turns laying down all the ways they plan on resuscitating a rap game that too often feels like it’s being run by zombies. As Henry Frankenstein would put it, if he were a DJBooth commenter, “It’s alive, it’s alive, it’s alive, IT’S ALIVE!” For info on the newly-released 20/20 BAS studio monitors, check out Event Electronics’ official site -and keep it locked to DJBooth.net for further entries in the series throughout October and November.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.