Having rocked club dancefloors throughout Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand as well as across the Americas, DJ Revolution has earned the right to the title “Mr. International.” Precisely what makes him such a hot global commodity, you ask? On his latest feature, making its world premiere as entry #16 in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’20/20 Music Series, the Long Beach resident performs a full demonstration of his much-vaunted skills behind the wheels of steel, slicing and dicing dozens of rap quotables into an intricate sample collage around the theme of international travel. The virtuosic result is sure to have hardcore heads playing “Spot the Sample.” In fact, I’ll get you started: Jay-Z‘s What More Can I Say, LL Cool J‘s Feel the Beat, Royal Flush’s Iced Down Medallions, De La Soul’s The Bizness... you can take it from there. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.