Having rocked club dancefloors throughout Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand as well as across the Americas, DJ Revolution has earned the right to the title “Mr. International.” Precisely what makes him such a hot global commodity, you ask? On his latest feature, making its world premiere as entry #16 in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’20/20 Music Series, the Long Beach resident performs a full demonstration of his much-vaunted skills behind the wheels of steel, slicing and dicing dozens of rap quotables into an intricate sample collage around the theme of international travel. The virtuosic result is sure to have hardcore heads playing “Spot the Sample.” In fact, I’ll get you started: Jay-Z‘s What More Can I Say, LL Cool J‘s Feel the Beat, Royal Flush’s Iced Down Medallions, De La Soul’s The Bizness... you can take it from there. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.