Having rocked club dancefloors throughout Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand as well as across the Americas, DJ Revolution has earned the right to the title “Mr. International.” Precisely what makes him such a hot global commodity, you ask? On his latest feature, making its world premiere as entry #16 in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’20/20 Music Series, the Long Beach resident performs a full demonstration of his much-vaunted skills behind the wheels of steel, slicing and dicing dozens of rap quotables into an intricate sample collage around the theme of international travel. The virtuosic result is sure to have hardcore heads playing “Spot the Sample.” In fact, I’ll get you started: Jay-Z‘s What More Can I Say, LL Cool J‘s Feel the Beat, Royal Flush’s Iced Down Medallions, De La Soul’s The Bizness... you can take it from there. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.