Having rocked club dancefloors throughout Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand as well as across the Americas, DJ Revolution has earned the right to the title “Mr. International.” Precisely what makes him such a hot global commodity, you ask? On his latest feature, making its world premiere as entry #16 in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’20/20 Music Series, the Long Beach resident performs a full demonstration of his much-vaunted skills behind the wheels of steel, slicing and dicing dozens of rap quotables into an intricate sample collage around the theme of international travel. The virtuosic result is sure to have hardcore heads playing “Spot the Sample.” In fact, I’ll get you started: Jay-Z‘s What More Can I Say, LL Cool J‘s Feel the Beat, Royal Flush’s Iced Down Medallions, De La Soul’s The Bizness... you can take it from there. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.