Can you feel summer creeping up on you? Over here in California, it’s finally starting to heat up, which makes for better times, better food, and better music. Under these conditions, finding the legendary DJ Quik prepping his impending album release, new song Boogie ‘Til You Conk Out could not be released at a better time. The feel good cut is laced by Quik with relaxing bass grooves and rhythmic drum kicks that basically force you to roll down your car windows. And while Quik spits a verse worth “three-hundred and twenty-one million dollars a minute”, it’s the feature of west coast guru Ice Cube that makes this song near-perfect. I’m not sure if there’s a quotable line Cube lays down, but he’s the equivalent of your favorite uncle at the afternoon barbecue here; just his presence greatly contributes to the overall groove. So while you two-step in your computer chair, be sure to mark April 20 on your calendar, when Quik’s new The Book of David album drops. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a Laker game to commiserate over.
Written by Jon Garcia on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Luv of My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.