The liner notes on DJ Pharris’s new single, The Money, reads like a guest list at a Source Awards after party. It’s a superstar free-for-all, featuring R. Kelly, Fat Joe, Fabolous, and Busta Rhymes. Pharris, a veteran in the Chicago hip hop scene, takes a minimalist approach with the production (thanks to producer Boogz), allowing each artist to do their own thing over some quite claps and a far-eastern flute melody. As the title indicates, the song focuses on the ever-original topic of money (cough, cough). But hey, with an all-star lineup like this one, who really cares what they’re talking about? At the end of the day, the track has “strip club anthem” written all over it. The Money will appear on Pharris’s forthcoming album, Hood Music.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/29/08
Submit your Rating
Burnin Hot/Street Ready/Lightyear/Caroli
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"See It 4 Ya Self ft. Yung Joc, Jim Jones & Bump J" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.