The liner notes on DJ Pharris’s new single, The Money, reads like a guest list at a Source Awards after party. It’s a superstar free-for-all, featuring R. Kelly, Fat Joe, Fabolous, and Busta Rhymes. Pharris, a veteran in the Chicago hip hop scene, takes a minimalist approach with the production (thanks to producer Boogz), allowing each artist to do their own thing over some quite claps and a far-eastern flute melody. As the title indicates, the song focuses on the ever-original topic of money (cough, cough). But hey, with an all-star lineup like this one, who really cares what they’re talking about? At the end of the day, the track has “strip club anthem” written all over it. The Money will appear on Pharris’s forthcoming album, Hood Music.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/29/08
Submit your Rating
Burnin Hot/Street Ready/Lightyear/Caroli
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"See It 4 Ya Self ft. Yung Joc, Jim Jones & Bump J" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.