Though Three 6 Mafia‘s biggest mainstream hits have come in the last five years (see Stay Fly, Poppin’ My Collar, Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)), many of their longtime fans still prefer their ‘90s “horrorcore” work. Ready to give ‘em what they want, DJ Paul‘s forthcoming solo album, Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), will be chock full of the dark, underground sounds with which he and his group originally hit the scene. To demonstrate, we present U Don’t Want It. Paul samples German composer Carl Orff’s O Fortuna (also heard on Nas’ Hate Me Now and Cam’ron‘s Get ‘Em Girls) on the beat and brings out his brother (and former Triple 6 member), Lord Infamous, out of hiding for the middle verse. As if that isn’t spooky enough, we get to hear Vincent Price’s maniacal laughter from Michael Jackson‘s Thriller toward the end—believe me, you can’t get more spine-chilling than that! For more of that old-fashioned ghostriding (literally) music, keep a lookout for Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), which hits record stores and online retailers May 5.
Listen to More: DJ Paul Written by Burmy
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.