Though Three 6 Mafia‘s biggest mainstream hits have come in the last five years (see Stay Fly, Poppin’ My Collar, Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)), many of their longtime fans still prefer their ‘90s “horrorcore” work. Ready to give ‘em what they want, DJ Paul‘s forthcoming solo album, Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), will be chock full of the dark, underground sounds with which he and his group originally hit the scene. To demonstrate, we present U Don’t Want It. Paul samples German composer Carl Orff’s O Fortuna (also heard on Nas’ Hate Me Now and Cam’ron‘s Get ‘Em Girls) on the beat and brings out his brother (and former Triple 6 member), Lord Infamous, out of hiding for the middle verse. As if that isn’t spooky enough, we get to hear Vincent Price’s maniacal laughter from Michael Jackson‘s Thriller toward the end—believe me, you can’t get more spine-chilling than that! For more of that old-fashioned ghostriding (literally) music, keep a lookout for Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), which hits record stores and online retailers May 5.
Listen to More: DJ Paul
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.