Though Three 6 Mafia‘s biggest mainstream hits have come in the last five years (see Stay Fly, Poppin’ My Collar, Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)), many of their longtime fans still prefer their ‘90s “horrorcore” work. Ready to give ‘em what they want, DJ Paul‘s forthcoming solo album, Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), will be chock full of the dark, underground sounds with which he and his group originally hit the scene. To demonstrate, we present U Don’t Want It. Paul samples German composer Carl Orff’s O Fortuna (also heard on Nas’ Hate Me Now and Cam’ron‘s Get ‘Em Girls) on the beat and brings out his brother (and former Triple 6 member), Lord Infamous, out of hiding for the middle verse. As if that isn’t spooky enough, we get to hear Vincent Price’s maniacal laughter from Michael Jackson‘s Thriller toward the end—believe me, you can’t get more spine-chilling than that! For more of that old-fashioned ghostriding (literally) music, keep a lookout for Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), which hits record stores and online retailers May 5.
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.