Though Three 6 Mafia‘s biggest mainstream hits have come in the last five years (see Stay Fly, Poppin’ My Collar, Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)), many of their longtime fans still prefer their ‘90s “horrorcore” work. Ready to give ‘em what they want, DJ Paul‘s forthcoming solo album, Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), will be chock full of the dark, underground sounds with which he and his group originally hit the scene. To demonstrate, we present U Don’t Want It. Paul samples German composer Carl Orff’s O Fortuna (also heard on Nas’ Hate Me Now and Cam’ron‘s Get ‘Em Girls) on the beat and brings out his brother (and former Triple 6 member), Lord Infamous, out of hiding for the middle verse. As if that isn’t spooky enough, we get to hear Vincent Price’s maniacal laughter from Michael Jackson‘s Thriller toward the end—believe me, you can’t get more spine-chilling than that! For more of that old-fashioned ghostriding (literally) music, keep a lookout for Scale-A-Ton (Skeleton), which hits record stores and online retailers May 5.
Listen to More: DJ Paul
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.