When a single old-school veteran DJ teams up with an underground veteran emcee for a collaborative album, epic results are expected. On September 2, Queens native (and Cypress Hill co-founder) DJ Muggs will team up with Fresno, California native Planet Asia to teach the hip-hop world some Pain Language. On the project’s first single, Asia finds himself fed up with everyone who talks down to him. The end result: a 9mm goes “bang!” Thanks to Muggs’s murky jazz beat, 9mm can best be described as the kind of work you might hear from ?uestlove and Black Thought of The Roots, but darker. Hey, with gas prices exceeding $4.40 in California, we all get a little angry these days…
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.