Cypress Hill member DJ Muggs has let loose his own brand of hip-hop electronica with a dark edgy sound that matches the cover art just about perfectly. Standout selection Dank, off Muggs’ recently released project Sound Clash Business, grabs its vocals from some typically gold-framed samples from Harlemite A$AP Rocky. One the production side Muggs’ breathy chimes and dubstep influences make for some seriously dark and musical imagery. For more genre-destroying music be sure to check out the rest of Sound Clash Business, available for free download now.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snap Your Neck Back" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.