Cypress Hill member DJ Muggs has let loose his own brand of hip-hop electronica with a dark edgy sound that matches the cover art just about perfectly. Standout selection Dank, off Muggs’ recently released project Sound Clash Business, grabs its vocals from some typically gold-framed samples from Harlemite A$AP Rocky. One the production side Muggs’ breathy chimes and dubstep influences make for some seriously dark and musical imagery. For more genre-destroying music be sure to check out the rest of Sound Clash Business, available for free download now.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snap Your Neck Back" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.