Back in college I took a class called American Music in the 20th Century. While the class was interesting, I definitely got the most out of the two weeks that we spent discussing hip-hop. I learned more about the art form and culture in those two weeks than I had ever known before. For those who weren’t lucky enough to attend my class, let Hip Hop, a star studded new single from DJ Mickey Knox, be you rap professor. A DJBooth premiere from his forthcoming All For The Love album, Hip Hop plays host to a jazzy, piano friendly beat, composed by producer Sickness. As the beat rolls, Knox and guests Kaleber, Stat Quo and Jon Connor school us on the history of hip-hop and how it has affected their musical development. So pay attention (you might even want to take notes), because these guys drop knowledge, and be sure to scoop up DJ Mickey Knox’s All For The Love, coming soon. For extra credit take a listen to Knox’s 2010 Booth debut, Fatal Attraction.
F Train Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fatal Attraction" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.