Back in college I took a class called American Music in the 20th Century. While the class was interesting, I definitely got the most out of the two weeks that we spent discussing hip-hop. I learned more about the art form and culture in those two weeks than I had ever known before. For those who weren’t lucky enough to attend my class, let Hip Hop, a star studded new single from DJ Mickey Knox, be you rap professor. A DJBooth premiere from his forthcoming All For The Love album, Hip Hop plays host to a jazzy, piano friendly beat, composed by producer Sickness. As the beat rolls, Knox and guests Kaleber, Stat Quo and Jon Connor school us on the history of hip-hop and how it has affected their musical development. So pay attention (you might even want to take notes), because these guys drop knowledge, and be sure to scoop up DJ Mickey Knox’s All For The Love, coming soon. For extra credit take a listen to Knox’s 2010 Booth debut, Fatal Attraction.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/21/12
Submit your Rating
F Train Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fatal Attraction" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.