In 1987 film Fatal Attraction, a Manhattan attorney’s life gets turned upside-down when a woman with whom he’d had an affair reveals herself as a crazed and violent stalker. DJ Mickey Knox’ identically-titled Booth debut (and first official single) may seem at first glance to bear very little relation to the movie, and… yeah, the two don’t actually have much in common at all. This record could certainly be described as thrilling and suspenseful, though; producer Sickness’ head-nodding, lushly-sampled funk boardwork is sure to keep listeners on the edge of their seats as Booth-acclaimed guest emcees Thad Reid, Jon Hope and 6th Sense deliver braggadocious verses jam-packed with terrifying(ly dope) lyrical twists and turns. If this fatally fresh single leaves you morbidly obsessed with getting your hands on new music from Mickey Knox, well, you may want to consider phoning your nearest mental institution – oh, and be sure to grab a copy of the Booth newcomer’s latest full-length, All For The Love (F Train Music), when it hits store shelves and online retailers this fall.
Written by richard on 07/28/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.