In 1987 film Fatal Attraction, a Manhattan attorney’s life gets turned upside-down when a woman with whom he’d had an affair reveals herself as a crazed and violent stalker. DJ Mickey Knox’ identically-titled Booth debut (and first official single) may seem at first glance to bear very little relation to the movie, and… yeah, the two don’t actually have much in common at all. This record could certainly be described as thrilling and suspenseful, though; producer Sickness’ head-nodding, lushly-sampled funk boardwork is sure to keep listeners on the edge of their seats as Booth-acclaimed guest emcees Thad Reid, Jon Hope and 6th Sense deliver braggadocious verses jam-packed with terrifying(ly dope) lyrical twists and turns. If this fatally fresh single leaves you morbidly obsessed with getting your hands on new music from Mickey Knox, well, you may want to consider phoning your nearest mental institution – oh, and be sure to grab a copy of the Booth newcomer’s latest full-length, All For The Love (F Train Music), when it hits store shelves and online retailers this fall.
Written by richard on 07/28/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)