When three talents of the caliber of Method Man, Ghostface Killah and Raekwon the Chef collide for an album as excellent as Wu-Massacre undoubtedly was, you’d expect there to be at least a few top-shelf outtakes, right? Here to prove your intuition correct is Booth newcomer DJ Mathematics, with Made Men – a cut that, though it didn’t make it onto the aforementioned LP, proved to be plenty dope enough to serve as title track of Mathematics’ own forthcoming LP. Here, the headliner’s vintage string samples set a fittingly cinematic mood as Rae and Meth, along with fellow Wu-Tang member Cappadonna and rising stars EyesLow and Bad Luck, drop hard-nosed bars revolving around the time-tested topics of cash, crack, and clips. With the steaming buffet of fresh lyricism on display here, can you really expect me to pick a favorite? That, my friends is for you to decide; as is the question of whether the track should rightfully have made it onto Wu-Massacre. Whatever your opinion, you should most definitely keep it locked for the latest on Mathematics’ Made Men LP, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.