Whether it’s his work on 2008’s star-studded Picture This project or his forthcoming album EMPBeTheTeam, the goal for DJ K.O. has always been crystal clear; to make, “good, old-fashioned Hip-Hop.” Whatever the New Jersey-based producer’s recipe for this genuine Hip-Hop may be, it’s very much alive on his latest cut, Stand Up!. Like past releases from DJ K.O., Stand Up! features a hefty assortment of emcee’s including Queens spitter MadKem, recent The DJBooth-newcomer K-Hill, and Brooklyn’s own Justin Bates. With help from fellow producer !llmind, DJ K.O. keeps the record heavily soulful and hardly skimps on the bass when it comes to Stand Up!. Looking for more dope old-fashioned Hip-Hop collabs? Then be sure to check out DJ K.O.‘s EMPBeTheTeam when it’s released September 18 on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.