You might casually glance at the title of DJ K.O.’s new single, Pick A Card, and assume David Blaine started a rap career, but, thankfully, you would be wrong. DJ K.O. is not concerned with the ace of spades or jack of clubs, but with a different, more important kind of card—the race card. On the latest release from his new album, K.O. calls on Madwreck to help craft a piano centered beat and emcee Justin Bates to provide a commentary on race and how we as a people can work to overcome social constructions and stereotypes. Bates handles his business, providing valuable insight through a strong delivery that grabs your ear in an entertaining way. K.O.’s album, EMPBeTheTeam, is available now via his own brainchild, Elementality Productions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.