You might casually glance at the title of DJ K.O.’s new single, Pick A Card, and assume David Blaine started a rap career, but, thankfully, you would be wrong. DJ K.O. is not concerned with the ace of spades or jack of clubs, but with a different, more important kind of card—the race card. On the latest release from his new album, K.O. calls on Madwreck to help craft a piano centered beat and emcee Justin Bates to provide a commentary on race and how we as a people can work to overcome social constructions and stereotypes. Bates handles his business, providing valuable insight through a strong delivery that grabs your ear in an entertaining way. K.O.’s album, EMPBeTheTeam, is available now via his own brainchild, Elementality Productions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/14/12
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)