Don’t bother putting on a front for DJ K.O.; he and his EMP colleagues will see through your facade so fast you’ll think they’ve got X-ray vision. On new single I Can Tell (Remix), the follow-up to September’s Ogre, the Garden State beatsmith slices and dices a classic line from Dusty Springfield’s Breakfast in Bed as Silent Knight, MadKem and K-Hill censure other rappers for a litany of crimes against realness. Among other offenses, they accuse their opponents of keeping it less than one-hundred in their dealings with women, surrounding themselves with yes-men while shutting out constructive criticism and taking their frustrations out on those who can’t fight back. The end result is guaranteed to have underground heads nodding along—both to the beat, and to the record’s message. For more, check out K.O.‘s sophomore set, EMPBeTheTeam, available in stores and online as of September 18.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.