Don’t bother putting on a front for DJ K.O.; he and his EMP colleagues will see through your facade so fast you’ll think they’ve got X-ray vision. On new single I Can Tell (Remix), the follow-up to September’s Ogre, the Garden State beatsmith slices and dices a classic line from Dusty Springfield’s Breakfast in Bed as Silent Knight, MadKem and K-Hill censure other rappers for a litany of crimes against realness. Among other offenses, they accuse their opponents of keeping it less than one-hundred in their dealings with women, surrounding themselves with yes-men while shutting out constructive criticism and taking their frustrations out on those who can’t fight back. The end result is guaranteed to have underground heads nodding along—both to the beat, and to the record’s message. For more, check out K.O.‘s sophomore set, EMPBeTheTeam, available in stores and online as of September 18.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.