Don’t bother putting on a front for DJ K.O.; he and his EMP colleagues will see through your facade so fast you’ll think they’ve got X-ray vision. On new single I Can Tell (Remix), the follow-up to September’s Ogre, the Garden State beatsmith slices and dices a classic line from Dusty Springfield’s Breakfast in Bed as Silent Knight, MadKem and K-Hill censure other rappers for a litany of crimes against realness. Among other offenses, they accuse their opponents of keeping it less than one-hundred in their dealings with women, surrounding themselves with yes-men while shutting out constructive criticism and taking their frustrations out on those who can’t fight back. The end result is guaranteed to have underground heads nodding along—both to the beat, and to the record’s message. For more, check out K.O.‘s sophomore set, EMPBeTheTeam, available in stores and online as of September 18.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)