The legendary Kool Moe Dee let the world know exactly how he felt about a young James Todd Smith on the original How U Like Me Now. DJ King Assassin’s new version, however, acts as a walk down memory lane with a classic hip-hop soundtrack, all played out in a little over three minutes. While DJBooth regular Wordsmith handles the emcee duties, Chuck Classik’s production will have hip-hop heads thinking back to where they were when Run-DMC, Slick Rick, EPMD and Black Sheep first were introduced to their eardrums. An easy candidate to be overlooked by anyone who isn’t an avid vinyl collector, How U Like Me Now is a bit more filler than fuller, but gives Wordsmith ample opportunity to showcase his nimbleness.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/13/08
Universal Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.