I don’t know about you guys, but I count myself lucky not to live in DJ Khaled‘s ‘hood. Inner-city crime and pollution I can handle, but trying to sleep while the We the Best general is screaming ad-libs and blasting airhorns across the street? No f**king thanks. On the other hand, based on the official remix of single Welcome to My Hood, it sounds like a damn fun – if noisy – place to visit. If the original was the very model of a modern Khaled single, this is exactly what you’d expect from its remix: the same thing, just way bigger. Jumping on The Renegades’ bass-booming synth boardwork in place of Rick Ross, Plies, and Wayne are – deep breath – Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, Twista, Mavado, Birdman, Ace Hood, Fat Joe, Game, Jadakiss and Waka Flocka (T-Pain returns with a speedy, Autotune-drenched verse and a lightly-revised hook). After hearing a dozen high-impact verses packed into seven minutes, my head’s spinning – which means I’m gonna need your help determined who came the hardest. Whatever your take on the matter, though, you can expect to more street-ready beats and rhymes (along with a whole lotta yelling) on We the Best Forever, due out June 28.
Written by richard on 03/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.