You know what they say, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. So if you’re DJ Khaled and you drop a star-studded banger that blows up the charts, and then you do it again, and it blows up the charts again, why would you stop? All of that was a long way of saying that Khaled’s got a new single, Take It To The Head, and sure enough it’s a star-studded banger. Frequent production partners The Runners provide a synthy hip-pop beat that when paired with Chris Brown’s hook give Head its catchy appeal. On the rapper end of the spectrum, Rick Ross kicks off the festivities with a typically Bawsed out verse, followed by an offering from an atypically subdued Nicki Minaj and then closed off with Lil Wayne, who’s also apparently in a relaxed mood. It’s not exactly the song that will change the world, but Khaled’s not looking to make music history, he’s looking to blow up the charts yet again. So how about it DJBooth Nation, is Take It To The Head Khaled’s next hit? Regardless, we should all know what to expect from Khaled’s upcoming, currently unscheduled album, Kiss the Ring.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.