Last week, DJ Khaled set a new standard for ostentatious proposals by asking for Nicki Minaj‘s hand in marriage in front of MTV viewers nationwide. The stunt was so endearingly awkward that I’m somewhat sad to announce it was all a little “joke” designed to stir up publicity for the We The Best head honcho’s latest single, I Wanna Be With You. (“Joke” is in quotes because, on the real, I think most of us would gladly marry Nicki if she’d have us.) On this romantically-themed banger, the Harajuku Barbie’s standout opening 16 is supplemented with guest bars from Rick Ross. Future lends his trademark Auto-Tuned vocals to the hook. Lee On The Beat collaborates with the headliner behind the boards, serving up a languid, hi hat-heavy rhythm section ornamented with scintillating synth arpeggios. Fans will be able to find this cut, smash-hit lead single No New Friends and much more on Khaled’s Suffering From Success LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, September 24.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.