Last week, DJ Khaled set a new standard for ostentatious proposals by asking for Nicki Minaj‘s hand in marriage in front of MTV viewers nationwide. The stunt was so endearingly awkward that I’m somewhat sad to announce it was all a little “joke” designed to stir up publicity for the We The Best head honcho’s latest single, I Wanna Be With You. (“Joke” is in quotes because, on the real, I think most of us would gladly marry Nicki if she’d have us.) On this romantically-themed banger, the Harajuku Barbie’s standout opening 16 is supplemented with guest bars from Rick Ross. Future lends his trademark Auto-Tuned vocals to the hook. Lee On The Beat collaborates with the headliner behind the boards, serving up a languid, hi hat-heavy rhythm section ornamented with scintillating synth arpeggios. Fans will be able to find this cut, smash-hit lead single No New Friends and much more on Khaled’s Suffering From Success LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, September 24.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)