I’ll be honest, “What makes DJ Khaled tick?” isn’t a question that crossed my mind before today. I assumed dude simply enjoyed shouting “We the Best!” over 808 beats and getting paid for it—who wouldn’t? As it turns out, however, his motivations run a little deeper than that. On the latest single off Kiss the Ring, he recruits a characteristically star-studded cast of collaborators to remind us that this street music isn’t just good business; it’s their gift to the block. I Did It For My Dawgz finds The Beat Bully layering majestic brass over the obligatory trunk-rattling percussion as Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana and Ace Hood highlight the altruistic side of their hustle. Feeling Khaled’s latest noise citation in the making? There’s plenty more where Dawgz came from on his sixth studio album, released August 21, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/1/12
In your face DJ and record executive DJ Khaled has released his new Cash Money/Universal Republic album, Kiss The Ring, featuring previously-released singles "Hip-Hop" "Take It To The Head" and "I Wish You Would."Guest...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.