I’ll be honest, “What makes DJ Khaled tick?” isn’t a question that crossed my mind before today. I assumed dude simply enjoyed shouting “We the Best!” over 808 beats and getting paid for it—who wouldn’t? As it turns out, however, his motivations run a little deeper than that. On the latest single off Kiss the Ring, he recruits a characteristically star-studded cast of collaborators to remind us that this street music isn’t just good business; it’s their gift to the block. I Did It For My Dawgz finds The Beat Bully layering majestic brass over the obligatory trunk-rattling percussion as Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana and Ace Hood highlight the altruistic side of their hustle. Feeling Khaled’s latest noise citation in the making? There’s plenty more where Dawgz came from on his sixth studio album, released August 21, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.