Judging by Booth feedback, DJ Khaled‘s last single couldn’t have been more aptly named; many were indeed Fed Up with the We the Best head honcho’s constant yelling and formulaic ensemble cuts. Unsurprisingly, on new street single Put Your Hands Up, Khaled hasn’t changed a thing – on the contrary, he’s called up three of the hoarsest, gruffest Southerners in the game to craft a track that will have fans’ trunks banging as critics’ throats tingle with sympathetic pain (cough drop, anyone?). Over Schife‘s bombastic synth-string boardwork, frequent Khaled collaborators
Jeezy, Plies and (the comparatively smooth) Rick Ross deliver hard-stunting, trash-talking verses sure to have street soldiers and “bad b*tches” alike pointing to the sky. Will Hands Up live up to Khaled’s expectations and become “the biggest street anthem in the hood?” It seems very probable, but I’ll let Booth readers speculate. Victory is set to drop March 3; in the meantime, fans can look forward to the release of the project’s next radio single, All We Do Is Win.
Written by richard on 01/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.